Content is King – How to Utilize Content Marketing
Content is king, and it has been for a while. If your business isn’t utilizing content marketing properly, you’re missing out.
Here’s why content is king, and how you can create a winning content marketing strategy:
Why Is Content King?
- Increases traffic – quality content will attract more people to your site. Not only that, you should find they visit more pages and stick around for longer too!
- Adds value to your service – good content will teach your audience something new. Adding value to your service with instructional videos and how-to guides is a great technique!
- Get new leads and make sales – with quality content, you’ll get more authority and increase your brand awareness. As long as you’re not trying to advertise with your content, your audience will see you as authentic and begin to trust your brand.
- Stay engaged with your audience – if your audience enjoys your content, they are far more likely to share and comment on it. Using social media makes sharing your content very easy for your audience.
- Improve your SEO – search engine ranking and other SEO elements can be positively impacted by quality content. With regular, unique content, you’ll rank organically for keywords you use. You may even build up an amazing backlink profile thanks to the authority you’ve been building.
How You Can Create A Winning Content Marketing Strategy
Know What Your Goals Are
For an effective content marketing strategy, you must know what your goals are. Do you want to make more sales? Maybe you want to retain customers and create loyalty? Knowing your goals is key to a great strategy.
Line Up Advertising And Content Efforts
To be most effective, your advertising and content efforts should line up perfectly. For example, you could do a promotion for an E-book you have written.
Create Plenty Of Engaging Content
Not only do you need to create engaging, unique content, you need to make sure there’s enough of it. The best way to do this is to stick to a schedule that works for you. The most effective way to spread your content and get the word out is by using social media. 53% of marketers say that social media is the most important way to share content. Blogs, videos, and infographics can also be effective.
To create engaging content, think about your customers rather than yourself. Some companies wonder how they can use their blog to spread more information about a product, but this can be the wrong way to think. Instead, put yourself in your customer’s shoes. What do they want to read?
If you create engaging content, they’ll likely engage with you. Make sure you comment back and respond to them to spread your reach.
Go For Quality Over Quantity
Although you need to make sure you have enough content, you should always go for quality over quantity. With quality posts, you get more chance of being shared and becoming known as an expert in your field. There is already way too much poor quality content out there. Make sure you’re not adding to it!
Measure The Effectiveness Of Your Strategy
It only makes sense to have ways you can measure your strategy. This will allow you to determine what works and what doesn’t work. You can track your clicks, engagement, and conversions, as well as perform surveys to see how you’re doing.
Don’t just look at the shares to see how well your content is doing. Make sure you’re tracking what people are saying about it too. There are tools out there to assist you with this. You’ll easily be able to see which pieces of content are doing their job and which aren’t.
Make Sure You Understand Your Customer
Knowing as much about your customer as possible will allow you to target your content to them. You must know their interests and needs so you can add value to their lives.
Pay Attention To SEO
Lots of companies miss out when creating their content. Rather than using search terms their customers actually use, they tend to use jargon that only makes sense to them. People aren’t searching for these terms, and your content doesn’t end up performing so well. Although you don’t want to go old school and start stuffing keywords all over the place, you should still produce keyword rich content.
Now you know why content is king and how to utilize a content marketing strategy of your own. Make sure you have fun with it to make it as successful as possible!
September 28, 2017
August 1, 2017
July 20, 2017