Setting Goals in AdWords
AdWords provides you with the tools to measure success, but your goals need to be established too. Do you want to increase sales, increase brand awareness and get the most out of your PPC advertising investment? Adwords can offer the means to measure the success of all these goals, We’ll show you how, but first, a video!
First, establish your goals. Here are some guidelines that may help:
- Quantitative: Your goals should be set up in a way that makes them easy to understand using numbers.
- Time Frame: You should set up a time frame around your business goals so you can examine your progression towards the end of your goals.
- Flexible: Your objectives should be adjustable in case plans do not go the way they were supposed to.
- Understandable: Your goals have to be clearly communicated to your team to make sure everybody stays on the same page.
- Realistic: Set goals that are achievable. Don’t go after gigantic keyphrases in highly competitive markets if you cannot afford the investment to compete. You will end up wasting smaller ad spends this way.
In order to determine if clicks on your ads are leading to purchases, you can implement Google AdWords conversion tracking. With this device you can determine what keywords are leading to online sales. You can adjust your budget by putting more money into the PPC advertisements that are successful, and less to the ones that are not, in order to optimize your campaign.
You can also use the conversion tracking to measure your brand awareness. You can utilize Google AdWords to view how many people are clicking on your website campaign, keywords, etc. Through this knowledge of which ads are the most popular, you can allocate your advertisements to attract a higher volume of qualified customers. For example, let’s say you have a new product but you don’t know how to promote it. With PPC Advertising you can post two ads online for the product describing it in different ways; one can be a statement of the price, while the other can describe the product. If you notice a trend of one being more successful than the other, you now have the data to confirm which ad is more effective, thus you know to promote it.
Key Performance Indicators
Measuring the success of your progression towards your goal is very important. The elements that do this are called performance indicators. They are quantifiable selections of data that measure performance against your goals. If the goal is to increase traffic by 20% on your website, a performance indicator could be the number of different visitors that visit the site everyday.
Whichever way you define your success, we can deliver the mechanisms to evaluate it. Understanding your goals and implementing performance indicators to monitor your path to accomplishing them is just as important as achieving these goals because it will make your future campaigns that much stronger.
January 10, 2018
June 27, 2015
April 26, 2015